Integrity Garage Door Repair
The Most Trusted and Experienced Name for Garage Door Repair and Replacement in Smithfield!
Integrity Garage Door Repair is an independently owned garage door repair company that specializes in repairing and replacing garage door. The company has been serving the residents of Smithfield, VA for many years. Integrity Garage Door Repair is well-known for its top-notch customer service.
request a service
Trusted Garage Door Technicians
Google Customer Reviews
Garage Door Opener Repair - Troubleshooting Tips and Techniques
A malfunctioning garage door opener can be frustrating and inconvenient, leaving you stuck outside or trapped inside your garage. Before calling a professional, there are several troubleshooting steps you can take to diagnose and potentially fix the issue yourself.
In this blog post, we’ll explore some common problems with garage door openers and provide you with practical tips and techniques to help you get your garage door opener up and running smoothly again.
No Response from the Remote Control
If your garage door opener fails to respond when you press the remote control button, here are a few things you can try:
- a) Check the batteries: Ensure that the batteries in your remote control are fresh and properly inserted. Replace them if necessary.
- b) Reprogram the remote control: Sometimes, the remote control and the opener can lose their connection. Consult your garage door opener’s manual to reprogram the remote control to the opener.
- c) Inspect the antenna: Ensure that the antenna on the garage door opener is hanging down properly. If it’s damaged or obstructed, it may affect the signal reception.
The Garage Door Doesn't Close or Reverses
If your garage door starts to close but then reverses or fails to close entirely, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- a) Check the safety sensors: Safety sensors are located on both sides of the garage door, near the floor. Ensure they are aligned properly and free from any obstructions. Clean the sensors with a soft cloth to remove any dirt or debris.
- b) Adjust the sensitivity settings: Most garage door openers have adjustable sensitivity settings. If the sensitivity is set too high, even minor obstructions can cause the door to reverse. Consult your opener’s manual for instructions on adjusting the sensitivity.
- c) Lubricate the door tracks: Insufficient lubrication can cause the garage door to stick or bind, triggering the safety mechanism. Apply a silicone-based lubricant to the tracks, rollers, and hinges to ensure smooth operation.
By following these troubleshooting tips and techniques, you can often resolve common issues with your garage door opener without the need for professional intervention.
However, if the problem persists or if you encounter more complex problems, it’s advisable to contact a qualified garage door technician. Remember to prioritize safety at all times when working with garage door openers, and don’t hesitate to seek professional help if needed.
It is recommended to lubricate your garage door opener’s moving parts, such as tracks, rollers, and hinges, at least once a year. However, if you notice any signs of sticking or unusual noises, lubrication should be performed more frequently.
While some minor issues can be resolved with DIY troubleshooting, complex repairs and adjustments are best left to professionals. Garage door openers involve electrical components and heavy machinery, so if you’re unsure or uncomfortable, it’s safer to seek professional assistance.